Monday, April 14, 2008

The Skinny on 3 Point Entrees


Well today was one of those Mondays where I was so busy at work that I had to skip my Weight Watchers meeting and just eat a TV dinner at my desk. This is the third week in a row where I could not stay for the meeting. Bummer... I did go downstairs and weigh in though. I'm maintaining.

Anyhoo, my lunch hit me with some surprising good news. My TV dinner was only 3 Weight Watchers points. I couldn't believe it. These are usually 5 or 6 points and sometimes a 4 pointer if I want to starve myself. I had the herb chicken and it was really good. Actually, one of the best frozen entrees I have tried. By skipping the pasta and doubling up on the veggies they finally figured it out. I've noticed that some of their entrees are also featuring whole grain pasta. This will boost the fiber and knock down the points. Seems that Lean Cuisine has beaten Weight Watchers at its own game and has come up with several three-point entrees.


Chicken Marsala

Roasted, seasoned chicken breast in a rich Marsala wine sauce with tender mushrooms and a side dish of carrots and green beans.

Herb Roasted Chicken
An herb roasted marinated chicken breast topped with a creamy basil, garlic and mushroom sauce. Accompanied by roasted redskin potatoes, broccoli and red bell peppers, in a savory sauce.

Garlic Beef and Broccoli
Beef steak with broccoli, water chestnuts and yellow carrots in an asian- style garlic sauce.

Roasted Turkey & Vegetables
Tender roasted turkey and mushrooms in a traditional home-style gravy accompanied by a vegetable medley of hand-picked green beans with accents of red peppers.

So next time when you are hitting those 2 point snacks, remember it may just be lunchtime and try the herbed chicken. You'll love it.