Saturday, March 8, 2008

Always a bridesmaid....


My good friend is finally tying the knot and I'm going to be a bridesmaid! She found herself a nice guy online a few months ago and they are getting married in two months. It all happened so fast.

I get to wear a shiny satin halter bridesmaid dress, which makes me a bit, uh, nervous. I'm used to hiding under big sweaters and stuff. Yeah, I know I lost thirty pounds... but still. I'm a bit modest and don't dress up much. Actually, I rarely even wear anything low cut or sleeveless. Surprisingly, the way this dress is cut, it covers a multitude of sins. (I hope!)

Anyway, I'm getting back with the program and I don't have a lot of time to dilly dally. I am going back to journaling everything I eat and continuing to exercise on my gazelle everyday. I am having some big issues with the 18 point allowance I have to stick with in order to lose. After tracking for the last two weeks, I find my intake is closer to 22-24 points a day. That is fine for maintaining, but I hope to get down a few more pounds and lose a bit of this tummy. To help me along, my daughter shared with me this 7-word quote:

Eat food
Not too much
Mostly plants


... and she brought me up some green tea and 1/2 an orange after dinner. She has really been into the Asian thing lately and is learning to cook. In many of the nicer Chinese restaurants you will be given oranges in lieu of fortune cookies.

No comments: